2/8/08

Tugging on Superman's Cape...



Everyone has an "Origin Story." Superman, strange visitor form another planet, fell to Earth from Krypton. Batman saw his parents murdered. He became psycho killer, Qu'est-ce que c'est? Mitt Romney, strange visitor with a religion from another planet. Baseball Bill? Less dramatic perhaps but no less silly.

I grew up in Brookline, MA two streetcar stops from Fenway Park. At night, I could see the glow of the park's lights from my bedroom window as I listened to a Motorola tube radio under my covers. When I wasn't busy reading Supergirl comics with a flashlight or dreaming about Haley Mills (still do..) I would listen to the Sox. Everything would heat up and I would come up for air. Hard to say what got things hotter; RSox or SGirl..but some things are better left unsaid.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention how excited you were when the Super Girl Stamp came out and you finally got to lick her!