9/20/08

ESPN's: America's 100 greatest sports venues


Rickwood Field. I literally stumbled onto learning about this magic place on the internet. Shame on me for not learning about it earlier than I did. When I was in contention for the job that I have now (actually, I was the only candidate) my future boss called to talk and asked where I was. When I replied, on a ball field in Birmingham, AL..he said....be serious....I hope he knows better by now. Call me during April to October and there lies a good possibility that I am on dirt and it is hot. Call me after I am dead and you may get at least the hot part correct. I have made 13 trips to Memphis and, I dunno, 9 or 10 to B'ham. To be called "The Official Photographer of the Oldest Ballpark in the Country" is one of the few things I am proud of in this here life.

No comments: