11/30/08

Is it Spring yet?

Even though the Internet has up to the nano-second news, it is still a quiet time in the world of baseball. I only posted a couple of times in November because, well, Lord have mercy, I didn't have a lot to say. A stint on the DL for me pulled me away from my usual stream of nonsense. As publishing houses are starting to feel the pressure of a country not buying books (Houghton-Miflin is not accepting new titles) I am naturally trying to finish my long theatened book. It has been 18 years and lots of film and lots of story telling and gathering. I sit at Fenway sometimes and wonder if I did publish a book, who in the crowd would buy it. My answer is five people and I would know four of them. On a blustery day, the photo of Ernest and Tony warms me up.

No comments: