7/20/08

Days Indigo

You know, I thought I would never see another pool to rival the guitar shaped beauty at the Days Inn across the street from Graceland.The Asheville contender is a close second place. It boasts a wall to wall mural of the Smoky Mountains and a color scheme so garish it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. No, those are not water droplets emanating from me in the corner of the picture. Fountain sprays are left on 24/7. I imagine water conservation is as distant a topic of discussion, in North Carolina, as is creating no smoking restaurants and bars. Another game in a truly wonderful ballpark is today's manly activity. I survived Jimmy Buffett night and Lord knows what wonders of small town promotion await me today. I would probably start going back to church if they handed out corn dogs instead of communion wafers. Well, maybe.

No comments: